How do I wash my garments?
Washing your garments every day, or at least every other day is not only important for hygienic reasons. It also keeps them elastic and maintains their function.
There are a few things to keep in mind when washing your garments:
- Wash your garments together with garments of the same color.
- A laundry net can protect your garments from damage.
- Wash them at the temperature indicated in the instructions for use.
- Choose a gentle wash cycle and mild detergent.
- Do not use a brightener or fabric softener.
How do I dry my garments after washing?
Some products are suitable for tumble-drying. You should not dry your garments in the sunlight or on a radiator as this harms the fabric.
What else should I keep in mind?
- Long fingernails and jewelry can damage the fabric when putting your garments on or off.
- Don’t use body lotions or greasy skin care ointments when wearing your garments. JOBST® offers skin care products that you can use without damaging your garments.
- When you notice any loose threads or loops, don’t cut them off – this can cause holes or ladders in your garments. Contact your medical supply store to get a professional repair.
In addition, always follow the instructions and recommendations for your garments because they can differ from product to product.
Find out more about JOBST® compression products and how they support your needs.
Have a look at our donning & doffing video that gives you some tips and tricks on easier application.
Choose the Support You Need
Discover Our Services and Get the Help You Need
Don’t sit around and go through this in silence. Share your story. Doing that was a real eye-opener for me
Claudia Lymphedema patient