Are you planning holiday travel?
Plan your outfit ahead of time - be sure to wear your compression when you travel, as sedentary time in the car or airplane can affect swelling.
Plan your food - Try to pack healthy snack or a sandwich for travel to avoid fast food at the airport or roadside travel plaza food.
Plan for some movement:
- Travelling by car? Plan regular stops so you can walk around and stretch your legs (try for every two hours).
- Travelling by plane? Do some calf raises at your seat to “move that lymph”.
Holiday parties are the best!
The holidays can be hard because of all the sweets and processed foods. If you have lymphedema, an anti-inflammatory diet is recommended. Sugary and processed foods are at the top of the list of foods that cause inflammation.
- Offer to bring an appetizer or healthy dish so you know there will be something healthy to eat.
- Fruits and vegetables are always a good choice.
- When making food choices at parties, think whole food choices.
Self-Care is Important even during the holidays.
It’s important to keep to your routine during the holidays.
- If you do simple lymphatic drainage by yourself, make sure to make time for that in your day.
- Exercise can be more difficult during busy holiday times – make sure to make time to stay active. Every little helps!
Have a Happy and Healthy Holiday Season!
You also might like
Goodbye Black and Grey – Say Hello to This Winter's Fashion Trends
Did you enjoy our last article about summer styles? Well, as the year's whizzing past, it's time to start thinking about winter trends. As always, we focus on trends that can be combined with compression garments!
Family Planning and Pregnancy With Lymphedema or Lipedema
Planning a family is a big decision to take. You might be concerned about how pregnancy will impact your lymphedema or lipedema, or you may be worried about whether your child will inherit your condition.
Maximizing Comfort with Lymphedema and Lipedema
Being diagnosed with lymphedema or lipedema brings significant changes to your daily life. It takes time to cope with the diagnosis, and to become accustomed to regular exercise, weight management and other new routines. Not to mention wearing compression garments every day. This article aims to share how you can maximize comfort while managing lymphedema or lipedema.
Choose the Support You Need
Discover Our Services and Get the Help You Need
Don’t sit around and go through this in silence. Share your story. Doing that was a real eye-opener for me
Claudia Lymphedema patient