How to Reduce Sugar Cravings
Sugar cravings often affect us at specific times during the day: after lunch or in the afternoon, for example. We easily get used to giving in to these urges. However, you don’t need to abandon sweets from your diet entirely. It’s all about balance and being creative in finding healthy alternatives to traditional treats:
- Drink unsweetened tea: Sugar cravings can be brought on by dehydration. A cup of aromatic tea, with fresh ginger and mint for example, can serve as a delicious alternative to sweets.
- Have some fruit: Fruits do contain sugar, and should be consumed moderately. However, some apple slices with a bit of almond butter (or any nut butter) can satisfy your sugar cravings and provide healthy fats.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners: These can actually increase your sugar cravings and should be avoided. If you want to sweeten your tea, smoothies, or other foods, use a bit of honey or agave nectar instead.
- Leave sufficiently long intervals between meals: 4-6 hours are recommended during daytime, and at least 12 hours during the night.
Want to try one of these tips and let us know how it worked? Share your experience with the LymphCare community here.
Healthy Alternatives for Sweet Desires
Still looking for inspiration? Why not try this easy and healthy cookie recipe? You only need 5 ingredients:
- 1 cup of dates (soak them for a few minutes in warm water)
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons of nut butter (unsweetened)
- 3/4 cup of almond flour (or any other flour)
- 3/4 cup of oats
- Optional: dark chocolate chips or other toppings
Simply put all ingredients into a food processor and mix them until you get a homogenous dough. You can add toppings as you wish. Then form the cookies and bake for about 15 – 20 minutes in a preheated oven (175°C or 347°F). Et voilà! Your cookies are ready!
For more information about healthy eating and living, have a look at our Nutrition Guide on LymphCare.
You also might like
Winter Dinner Party
It's a familiar situation: a holiday season packed with indulgent treats, heavy meals, and a list of shows we want to watch on TV. This, combined with weather that's not always great leaves us with little time or inclination to exercise and move. This article won't solve all these issues but will hopefully inspire you with simple, healthy dinner recipes.
Summer Dinner Party
Mild summer evenings are the perfect occasion to invite family and friends for an al fresco dinner party. So, if you're looking for inspiration to find healthy recipes and non-alcoholic drinks, you've come to the right place.
Exercising With Compression
As the weather gets better and the days get longer, you might find yourself much more motivated to exercise outdoors. But how do you find the right compression garment to get started?
Tips for Flat Knit Compression Garments
Picking a custom made flat knit garment is not always easy… There are many garment choices, and it can be very confusing to both you and even your fitter or therapist to decide on the right garment. JOBST tries to make that choice a little easier by having 3 different knits for containment.
Choose the Support You Need
Discover Our Services and Get the Help You Need
Don’t sit around and go through this in silence. Share your story. Doing that was a real eye-opener for me
Claudia Lymphedema patient